21 September 2016

Introducing Technology Blog Research Project

You should begin your blog post with the definition of your topic.  It is difficult to discuss a topic if your audience does not have the knowledge.  It is your job to give your audience the required knowledge to help them understand your writing.

What is a blog? An abbreviated version of “Web Log,” it was originally developed as a diary type site but has changed over time. Blogging has become an important part our culture and the blogosphere can have a significant influence in politics, business and society. Blogs typically have a single area of interest or topic and each “post” includes some element of that topic. The following is a list of components on a typical blog.

Headers are Good for Breaking up Sections


Your blog post is left justified.  You don't indent.

Paragraphs are small and chunky.


MLA Source information for Pictures goes here.
Author. Title. Website. Publisher. Date, Accessed on.
Then HYPERLINK it to the image.
Make sure the hyperlink goes to NEW WINDOW.


Our Research Plan


Technology History and Information: Research Week 1
Social Issue(s): Research Week 2
(1 social issue: 3 possible solutions) or (3 social issues: 3 possible solutions)
Solution(s): Research Week 3, 4, 5
(1 social issue: 3 possible solutions) or (3 social issues: 3 possible solutions)

Outline (Topics of each blog post)
Intro:
Post 1: Why is this technology interesting? Background/history of technology
Post 2: Identify problem (s) in society (Must have research to back up- Fact not opinion)
Body:
Post 3: Solution #1 (Present/Future use)
Post 4: Solution #2 (Present/Future use)
Post 5: Solution #3 (Present/Future use)
Conclusion:
Post 6: How to encourage application or further development of this tech?

Finish your blog post with your source information at the bottom. It does not have to be indented, but the information must be in MLA order.


16 comments:

  1. I like how you explain everything and give an outline of what we are going to need to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way that you said that we have to introduce our topic at the beginning because then the readers understand what we are writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This helped to better explain how you would like the project to look when we do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really helped me with setting up my first blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, This really helps me know what I am going to be doing. It prepares me for the upcoming research.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. Really helped with the layout and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. showing me a outline of how my blog should look like, helped me understand more than what I originally did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This helped a lot! Thanks, I can really get an understanding of how my blog is supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was very helpful for us. Thanks for telling us what we have to do inside of a blog that is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This helped a lot! Thanks, I can really get an understanding of how my blog is supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, this really helps me know where to start and what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was really helpful for me to see what we will be doing over the next month or so in writing and not just hearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really helped me on how to set up my blog post, and how to make sure what I need to do for my citations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The post helps me get more of a comprehension on what we will be doing on our blog and just in case I forget I can come back to it and find out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing explanation about blogging. This helped me get started.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is amazing how you explained the information in your blog

    ReplyDelete